EB Education Services Limited is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This policy is written to provide you with information regarding how and why we use your personal information ensuring that we are complying with all current legislation.
What data is collected?
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Information relating to their children who are being tutored, such as the school they attend, recent grades and any relevant SEN information/barriers to learning
How is this data used?
- EB Education will pass on the data detailed above to tutors
- EB Education will contact you to gain feedback on how tuition is progressing, to ensure a high level of service is maintained
- EB Education Services also uses your information to inform you of other products or services available from us (e.g. group tuition courses, working with schools)
- EB Education Services may also contact you to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. You have the right to ask us not to use any of your data for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know
Why is this data used?
- Names, addresses, phone numbers and sometimes email addresses of clients are shared with tutors enabling them to contact and locate their clients.
- Share academic ability and barriers to learning so our tutors can tailor their delivery of tuition sessions more effectively.
How do we protect and store personal data?
- EB Education Services Limited has taken action to ensure information is stored in safe, secure locations with access only permitted to employees and representatives who need the information in order to carry out their required duties.
- EB Education Services Limited will not disclose any information about individual users to non-relevant parties. Any information provided by a client or prospective client to EB Education Services Limited is strictly confidential.
- We will not sell or distribute any information obtained or provided by a client to a third party for marketing or other purposes. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personal information or sensitive data through our website or any of our social media platforms, this information may be collected and used by others.
- We will hold data in an accessible database for three years from the date of registration or last tuition session with us, whichever is the most recent. After this time period, your data will be kept on a password protected hard drive for a further seven years. Once a total of ten years has elapsed since you last used our services or registered with us, we will delete your personal data.
EB Education Services Limited will however disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or we feel that such action is necessary to protect the rights or property of EB Education Services Limited; and to protect the personal safety of representatives or users of our company or Website, or the public.
We cannot ensure the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that any data you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. Any sending of data is done solely at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
If a data breach occurs, the individual involved and the ICO will be notified. To detect a data breach, databases are routinely monitored, tutors are informed in their code of conduct to report a breach of data to us immediately and clients are asked to inform us of a data breach they are aware of. We will act on breaches by reporting them to the individual whose data was breached, reporting it to ICO and speaking with the individual who made the breach to discover how it happened, how to try to rectify the situation and how to avoid it happening again.
- You have the right to know what data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of this, please email us at email@example.com. Your request may incur a handling fee due to administrative costs.
- You have the right to change your consent to how we use your data at any time.
- You have the right to ask for your data to be rectified, altered or deleted. Please put all requests in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will act on these requests within 30 days as set by the current GDPR legislation.
- You have the right to complain to EB Education Services or the ICO if you feel we have not handled your data in line with this policy.
This document is purely for the intended recipient and must not be shared with a third party.